We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
This policy explains how we collect your personal information when you access our website or our product, how we use and protect your personal information, and informs you about your privacy rights. This policy was last updated on 18th of May 2020
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or want to request access to, change, or erase the personal information we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or write to us at Nikkei FT Learning, Swietokrzyska 14/L2/3, 30-015, Kraków, Poland.
Our website and products are not intended for individuals aged under 18 and we do not knowingly collect data relating to individuals aged under 18. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to access our product, you must gain consent from their parents, representative, or tutor.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website or register to use our products we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of data about you including;
- Identity Data including first name, last name, username or similar identifier for use within our services, title, date of birth and gender, email address, avatar, employer contact data, department of employment, manager contact data.
- Operational Data (information generated during your use of our services) including but not limited to activity state and test scores, attendance data, the content of messages exchanged by email or messaging feature within our product, the results of surveys, customer service contact history and English language proficiency level.
- Video and Audio Data restricted to video and audio recordings of your participation in the virtual classroom element of our services.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, bandwidth and quality of connection data, your login data, device type, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our product and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us, our third parties, and your communication preferences. We will always ask for your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any other company for marketing purposes.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data, such as statistical or demographic data, for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is anonymised and does not either directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personally identifiable information about you in different ways, including:
- when you provide your contact details to us either online or offline
- when you request marketing materials to be sent to you or for one of our team to contact you
- when you purchase our products or services or they are purchased for you by your employer
- when you download and use our app
- when you participate in the virtual classroom experience
- when you give us feedback about our products or services
It is important that all personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please use the product features we provide to do this, and keep us informed if your personal data changes during your use of our website and products.
How we use your personal data
We only use your data for the lawful purposes for which we collect it, to facilitate the running of our business, to provide specific services you have requested, or to comply with legal obligations. You may refuse permission for us to collect your personal data by contacting us. We may then not be able to provide you with access to our products and services. You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us. Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to any other personal data provided to us as a result of any of your other transactions.
How we protect your personal information
We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our employees follow the same rules when processing your personal data. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate business need to know. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accessed, altered, used or disclosed in an unauthorised way. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of any breach where we are legally required to do so.
We might be engaged by your employer, or an educational institution in which you have enrolled, to provide our products and services to you. In such cases, the party who engaged us may receive access to certain personal data we have collected about you, including your identifier within our services, and information about your learning progress. We only share such information for quality assurance purposes and contractually obligate such parties to protect your data.
We engage third parties as service providers to support our business and improve our products. These service providers include; providers for delivery of our digital content and marketing; technology partners; organisations that host our websites or databases; and providers of online surveys. We contractually obligate all third parties acting as our service providers to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow our third-party service providers to process your personal data for the specific purposes we have engaged them for.
We operate a global business, so your personal data may be processed and stored outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We put in place safeguards, such as EU standard contractual clauses, to protect information that is transferred in this way.
How long we use your personal data for
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. In the case of video and audio recordings made during your participation in the virtual classroom we will retain this data for no longer than 21 days before secure deletion. Additionally, by law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including identity, financial and operational data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. Aggregated and anonymized data, which does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, may continue to be used for research or statistical purposes indefinitely without further notice to you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We may not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
You have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you, including the right to access the personal data that we process about you, and the right to request the deletion of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).